Pages

Friday 21 June 2019

the rocket challenge

in class, we have been making rockets. Over the last 7 weeks, we have been learning with a guy and he taught us about aerodynamics and Issac newtons laws of physics.

We used plastic bottles, and we cut out fins with ice cream containers.  I learnt that the rocket flies differently, the more different the wings are. our wings were too big, and the rocket didn't go that far, I think it was because of the fins shape, I think if we made them smaller and put them further down the bottle it would have gone further.

Before we blasted the rockets off, we connected the rockets to a nozzle and filled them up with 300ML of water, then we pumped the air into the rocket 60PSI, then we counted down from 5 and on 0 it blasted off.





5 comments:

  1. Kia ora. I am Latrell from Gisborne Intermediate School.
    I really like how you explained your thoughts on aerodynamics and how the fin could change a lot about the flight. It looks like a lot of fun.
    This experiment reminded me of when me and my family tried it but we used baking soda and vinegar to power it. Was the pump more efficient or would baking soda and vinegar be better?
    Great I like how you even shared what you did wrong and how you could have improved it.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Latrell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh we should have done that :0

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora. I am Myles from Gisborne Intermediate School.
    I really liked it how you got to make a cool rocket.
    This reminded me of when I made a boat made out of milk cans and staff,and we made it float that would be cool to make bro.
    Maybe you could have capital letters when you are typing.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Myles

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about